If you're having troubles with your TextNow app or service, and you're using TextNow on an Android device, clearing the cache and data from the TextNow app can solve many calling and messaging issues.
Clearing the cache and data from your TextNow app won't erase any of your messages or calling history, as your data is backed up to our TextNow servers automatically.
Note this is only for Android devices, including TextNow phones:
- Open your main Settings app.
- Scroll down the Settings page and tap on Apps (sometimes listed as Application Manager on Samsung devices).
- At the top of the Apps page you'll see the heading of "Downloaded". Swipe left on that page until you're under the heading of "All".
- You'll see a long, alphabetically-sorted list of all the apps on your device. Scroll down towards the bottom of the list and tap on TextNow.
- This is the TextNow App page. From here, tap on (in this order): Clear Cache, the Clear Data, and finally Force Stop.
- And finally, click on Uninstall Updates to revert the TextNow app back to the factory-installed version.
Once it's cleared and rolled back to the factory-installed version, install the latest update to the TextNow app. Click here for our Support page article on how to update your TextNow app.