In iOS version 5 and later, the notification system appears differently than iOS versions previously. Here's how you set your notifications for TextNow:
- Select your main Settings app on your iPhone
- Tap Notifications
- Search for TextNow on that list and tap on it
- Toggle on or off the type of notification you'd like to receive: Notification Center, Badge App Icon, and Sounds.
Make sure you choose an Alert Style that will give you a visual indication of the message being received, for push notification purposes.
No Luck? Try a Push Test
- Please do a Push Test by downloading this app, and let us know the result. Choose Timed Push Test, and not Local Test.
- If Push Test = Successful, and you're still not receiving push notifications, try uninstalling and reinstalling the TextNow app.
If Push Test = Failed, you'll need to contact Apple Care to get it fixed
- Still no luck? Please contact us with your account details and the iOS version and we can look into it further.