There are a few ways to block and unblock a number from the TextNow service:
Block Or Unblock Using The TextNow App
- Tap on the conversation or call log from the number you're looking to block.
- Use the drop-down menu (it's the icon with the three dots in the top right-hand corner) and choose Block Number.
- To unblock a blocked number, choose Unblock Number from that same menu as above, or tap Unblock at the bottom of the conversation with the blocked number.
Unblock A Number Online
- Sign into your TextNow account on the TextNow homepage and go to your Settings page.
- On the Settings page, click on Messaging & Calling.
- Click Blocked Numbers and then click Unblock on the number you'd like to unblock.
Block Or Unblock A Number Using #STOP And #UNBLOCK
- From your TextNow app, or online on Text & Call Online page, text #STOP to the number you're looking to block.
- To unblock a number, text #UNBLOCK to the previously-blocked number.
#STOP will prevent the person from sending you any further messages, whether you're a TextNow user blocking a non-TextNow phone number/email address, or if someone who isn't using TextNow blocks messages/calls from a TextNow user. Please allow 10-20 minutes for the block to take effect.