We're pleased to announce video messaging is now available for Android users on Android 5.1 and above!
When using TextNow you can now send a short video message to your contacts, right from the app itself. Here's how:
- Open your TextNow app and start a new conversation, or open an already existing conversation.
- Tap on the plus sign (+) in the bottom right-hand corner of the conversation window.
- From the pop-up menu, tap on Take Video, as seen below.
- Record a short video using your phone's built-in cameras. (For more information on your particular devices video and camera features, please refer to the documentation that came with your phone.)
- Tap OK when you're done recording the video, or Retry to record a new take.
Your video message will be sent to your contact!
Please note that video messages can be no longer than 15 seconds and under 1MB (one megabyte) in size.
Sending video messages is currently only supported on the Android versions of the TextNow app, but iOS and web users will be able to receive video messages sent from other carriers or apps.